Customer Service Representative
Dillon Supply Company is the Southeast’s leading steel and construction supply service provider for both industrial and contractor B2B customers. We are a service first company that focuses on supporting our customers’ needs with our experienced staff, great leading products, and top resources. Dillon has been head quartered in the triangle for over 100 years and we are looking for dedicated new team members to build our legacy for the next 100.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Customer Service Representative’s key priority is to help in all phases of the sales and warehouse operation in growing revenue and assisting in customer service needs. The role helps you come in to a growing cutting edge Industrial Supply company and learn the business from the ground up. Serving customers by phone, helping walk in business, and assisting with warehouse and delivery needs. This role is an entry level role into Dillon’s core business that will allow you to learn a new business and understand all aspects of growing revenue and serving industrial customers.
Excellent communication skills, ability to multitask, able to lift 50 pounds, some knowledge of construction tools, base knowledge of sales or customer service process, ability to build relationships, high capacity to learn and be adaptive, eagerness to support the team goals, professionalism, and humility.
Assists Sales team service via fielding and entering Customers requests, orders, quotes, deliveries and technical needs.
- Employee Helps branch restock and order fulfillment by assisting with inventory check-in, stock, sorting, and shipping functions. Including Steel and Industrial items.
- Employee expedites customer order fulfillment with order delivery and order pickup.
- Employee will fill orders by picking, packing, and shipping orders to fulfillment, communicating expected delivery date and explaining stock-outs to customers.
- Employee develops accounts by checking customer's buying history; suggesting related and new items; explaining technical features.
- Employee maintains communication by troubleshooting, reporting, and tracking problems.
- Employee maintains and improves customer experience by following standards, recommending improved policies.
- Employee continuously seeks training and product knowledge by studying new product descriptions, participating in educational opportunities.
- Employee resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Employee accomplishes department and organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Employee contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
To apply, please email your resume DIllon Supply