Warehouse Associate - Winston-Salem, NC
Reports To: Warehouse Supervisor or Operations Manager
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Responsible to act in accordance with the policies set forth in the current employee handbook.
Receives, stores, and distributes material, tools, equipment, and products within the Company Warehouse by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assist shipping and receiving, unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to sales associates for processing.
- Reading customer orders, work orders, shipping orders, or requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed and/or shipped.
- Moving materials and items from receiving or storage areas to shipping or to other designated areas.
- Sorting and placing materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Filling requisitions, work orders, or requests for materials, tools, or other stock items and distributes items to shipping or to designated route driver storage area.
- Ensuring warehouse is accessible and safe for salespeople and customer traffic.
- Assembling customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets or shelves, or relocating orders to a holding area or shipping department.
- Marking materials with identifying information using appropriate method.
- Opening bales, crates, and other containers.
- Recording amounts of materials or items received or distributed via appropriate computer program.
- Assisting in counting of physical inventory and/or cycle counting.
- May be assigned facilities maintenance duties as needed.
- Preparing parcels for shipping.
- Sweeping, dusting, and mopping.
- Organizing warehouse and work area for orderliness at all times.
- Wearing the proper safety equipment.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor or manager. (Anything that is not illegal, unethical, or immoral.
QUALIFICATIONS to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); one year or more related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to ten pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to fifty pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than one hundred pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
To apply, please email your resume to Dillon Supply